A palliative care nurse called Bronnie Ware made
a list of the biggest regrets of the dying.
(Her patients were those “who had gone home to die.” She
was with them the last 3-12 weeks of their lives.)
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to
myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I didn’t work so hard (from every male patient).
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Here’s the link to this beautiful piece.