Some 100 years ago, a productivity expert suggested to some top
executives a little strategy to make them more productive.
1. Make a list of the SIX most important things you must do
2. Work on the things in that order.
3. Do not start the next item down the list, until you have done
EVERYTHING you can on the previous item.
The 9 executives did that for the next three months. Each day.
(They spent MUCH more time choosing WHAT was on the list – and in
what order – than ever before.)
was paid $250,000 (in today’s dollars).Here’s my question to anyone who is short on time to build your
business:Is “building the business” (finding customers or reps) even ON your list of 6 most
important things to do for tomorrow?
If not, no biggie. But. Then. You. Must. Not. Complain. About: “It’s not working!”
Here’s a way to trick the priority list system – and your brain so it helps you.
1. For the next 5 days, make ‘build my business’ #2 on your daily “MUST DO” priorities.
2. But. Spend 45 minutes only. Whatever you do, you do. You stop after 45 minutes.
3. Do that each day for the next five days.
Report back what happens…
DOING of the task. And getting better and better at that.PS If it becomes a focus
each day, your mind might suggest ways to find people and approach them that you
never knew you had inside yourself.PPS. If you are willing to commit to making “build my business” EACH day
for 45 minutes, and you don’t know what to do, let me know and we will begin
a list. Readers can contribute ideas too.
[…] Article from https://kimklaverblogs.com/2012/12/i-dont-have-time-i-dont-know-where-to-start.htmlI don’t have time! I don’t know where to […]
Good Idea ! I know this works!
On the PPS, here are some ideas to put on the list:
1. Advertising activities (like flyers, newspaper adds, surveys etc)
2. Calling people we know
3. Making presentations
4. Following up
5. Attending networking meetings
6. Train/3-way with downline
7. Mastermind meetings (done weekly or more frequently if needed)
8. Making B2B prospecting calls
9. Building followers and traffic with blogging
Are you talking about ideas like these Kim?
Theodore from Greece
I’ve been working from a list for the longest time and it Absolutely Works!!!
It’s how a function and you really do get things done and you’re Very productive for sure.
Thanks Kim for all you do!!!
The Training is AWESOME!!
Ivan Harris, Sr. “The Value Creator”
Yes. We do need to have a plan of attack, otherwise we end up doodling/googling or worse..looking at friends FB ! Stop it right now and do the 45mins on your business – it’s amazing what you can achieve.